How to get started?
The entry points to the National Park are Vienna and Bratislava.
Trains & Buses:
- Bus from Vienna to Orth an der Donau
- Train S7 and private ferry from Haslau to Orth. Travel information is available on the website of the National Park.- https://www.donauauen.at/besuchen/allgemein/anreise
- Bratislava to Orth an der Donau it is possible to travel by train and bus: - https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Bratislava/Orth-an-der-Donau
How to move within a destination?
From Orth an der Donau the different destinations can be reached by walking, kayaking,
- Boat rental, Hiking trails, bike trails, swimming areas - https://www.donauauen.at/assets/diverse_pdfs/folder-englisch/Nationalpark-Donau-Auen-15898_Baden_Bootfahren_englisch.pdf
You may also find useful contacts below:
Bike and Boat infrastructure:
The cycling/walking infrastructure is well established
- EuroVelo6 Page 49 Transdanube Travel Stories co-funded by the European Union (ERDF, IPA, ENI). STOMP Trail #2 https://en.eurovelo.com/ev6/austria
- Bicycle rent in Vienna - https://www.velopoldvienna.com/ +436601190120
For other useful information please contact:
Visitor Center schlossORTH Nationalpark-Zentrum
Schlossplatz 1, 2304 Orth/Donau